Knowledgeable experts support
the practical application of medicines,
and regenerative medicinal products.
What is MEDISO
MEDISO provides support for business ventures, academia,
and individuals intending to put into practical use medicines,
medical devices, and regenerative medicinal products.
Click here for further details.
About the Medical Innovation Support Office
The medical innovation support office matches medical venture companies and academic institutions facing challenges in the practical application of medical products and devices for specialists* who provide detailed consultation and support for solving problems at each stage from research and development to practical use, as well as insurance coverage at clinical sites, while looking ahead to the overall comprehensive advances and dissemination into the global market.
* Specialists in each field provide support for the response to laws and regulations, marketing, business planning, fund rasing, management strategy, intellectual property management, and international development, etc.
This website is operated by Mitsubishi Research Institute, Inc., as a trustee under instructions from the Economic Affairs Division, Health Policy Bureau, and Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare as a part of the total support for the medical ventures program sponsored by the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare.
Ventures, academic institutions, and individuals aiming to put into practical use the medicines, medical devices, regenerative medicinal products, and novel drug-discovery technologies or medical materials subject to the Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices Law.
Details of support
MEDISO provides support for the practical application of medicines, medical devices, regenerative medicinal products, and other products subject to the Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices Law.
That support includes business planning, financing, advice on laws and regulations, and other assistance as required.
- ●Support method：We provide support via online meeting or e-mail.
- ●Support source：Support is provided in cooperation with experts in R&D, consultants in pharmaceutical affairs, and experts from related organizations including the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare.
- ●Remarks：Consultation and support services are free of charge.
In case the link does not work, please contact us at the email address below
We will introduce registered specialists
(updated as necessary).
Introduction of measures implemented by public institutions
We will describe the measures from public institutions for pharmaceutical companies,
medical device companies, companies manufacturing regenerative medicinal products, and venture companies.
- The Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare／
- Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices Agency (PMDA)／
- Japan Agency for Medical Research and Development (AMED)／
- Cabinet Office／
- Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry／
- Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications／
- Small and Medium Enterprise Agency／
- Organization for Small & Medium Enterprises and Regional Innovation, Japan／
- Union of Kansai Governments／
- New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization (NEDO)／
- Life Science Innovation Network Japan, Inc. (LINK-J)／
- Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST)／
- Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO)／
- INCJ, Ltd.／
- Osaka Prefecture／
- Tokyo Metropolis／
- Kanagawa Prefecture／
- National Institutes of Biomedical Innovation, Health and Nutrition (NIBIOHN)